Saturday, September 24, 2011

Review: It is Said

Title: It is Said (Mathias Bootmaker and The Keepers of the Sandbox trilogy)
Author: Eward Medina


The world of Mathias Bootmaker and the Keepers of the Sandbox, Book One: It Is Said, is a fantasy full of mysteries, riddles and secrets.

It is the story of Mathias Bootmaker, a young man searching for the better parts of himself. His search for what he's lost begins an amazing adventure through a world of extreme imagination. A world he helped to create but a world he can't remember anything about. There's a dragon. and a genius. There's a very scary little boy and a very gifted little girl. There's darkness and light, deadly evil and glorious good. It's the story of his life, the birth of creativity and the true power of the energy all around us.

In this tale of redemption, in order to find what he seeks, Mathias must save a people who were once great but are now, by their own hands, victims. He must help them face a terror that they themselves created. He must find a friend that disappered. Befriend a reluctant guide and rescue a very unique group of children trapped in a cursed castle full of tragedy.

Mathias Bootmaker and the Keepers of the Sandbox is a dream embedded within a nightmare. A maze inside a labyrinth. It reads like an adventure. It plays like a thriller. It's designed to make you question every place you go and every character you meet. It's designed to be a puzzle you must solve. It's meant to blend grand fun and fright in the tradition of Carroll and King.

Turn the pages. Follow the path. Keep an eye out for clues. Beware of traps. But most important of all... you must not fear the Darke. --Goodreads



When I was first approached by Edward Medina to read and review It is Said, I was quite busy sadly and had to put the work on reserve until I had the spare moment to do so. Luckily, he was extremely patient with me-- and not only do I appreciate that, but I'm glad I still accepted because I really enjoyed reading!

Admittedly, in the beginning I was a bit confused and lost. There was a lot going on with the character and the world-building that my head spun some. Like Mathias, I didn't know what was going on. Haha. It drew me in slowly, but surely I soon found myself enjoying it as well as the characters and the interesting new world that Edward Medina created for readers.

Highly imaginable and entertaining. I can certainly see this becoming popular.

4 stars!


Photobucket




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...