- Open only to U.S. residents (unless otherwise stated on the giveaway page)
- I am not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items. Sometimes if I'm mailing the package out (instead of the book being shipped by a publisher, Amazon, etc.), I will run a bit late depending on PO trips. I will contact and let you know as soon as package is on its way.
- Entrants must be age 13 and over, unless otherwise stated during time of giveaway.
- You do not usually have to be a follower to participate (depending on individual contest rules). However, it would be nice to have the support. :)
- Winners will be contacted via email. Please provide a valid email in the forms provided so that you will get the message.
- You must provide a viable address if you want the item(s) shipped to you.
- A contest can be ended without notice or reason. When hosting giveaways--and not hosting on behalf of a publisher/publicist--I do have the right to decide to end/not grant a winner due to lack of entries or other such reasons.
- All winners are chosen at random.
- Entrants can be disqualified without notification and I do not tolerate cheating the forms (this means do not fill out a giveaway under more than one email to gain more entries).
- Sometimes, as part of a promotional event, I will host giveaways on behalf of a publisher/publicist/author. During these, I post their guidelines and rules on that giveaway's page so you have to pay close attention because they can vary. And as part of the new FCC guidelines, I have to say this, too: I do not get paid or compensated in any way to host these giveaways. The winner is randomly picked (most of the time, unless it's a rare contest), and then contacted via email. I then must share their shipping address/email with the publisher/publicist/author in order to receive the prize. I am not responsible for lost or damaged packages. I am not to blame if prize is unsatisfactory.
- This is a blog that reviews books. Not only that, I do host contests/giveaways (see my Contest Policy), and participate in many other book-related events and topics to provide readers content here at The Bookaholic.
- All books reviewed at The Bookaholic are with a completely honest opinion. All books reviewed are purchased by me, Pixie Lynn Whitfield, and/or purchased and reviewed by my co-blogger, Taylor Jenkins, unless it is stated otherwise. We do receive and accept free books from publishers and authors in exchange for an honest review. We also take part in promotional activities like blog tours and giveaways, and sometimes win books through programs like EarlyReviewers on LibraryThing, FirstReads on Goodreads, and publisher contests on Twitter.
- We are not compensated for reading and reviewing books. I (Pixie) recently signed up for affiliate programs, but these would likely be minimal funds, and would go back into the blog for shipping costs and such with any giveaways.
- While I (Pixie) do participate in several affiliate programs, and the ads are on the site, I would never have anything I deem inappropriate and recommend an audience age of 13+. The ads are always book-related, in conjuction with the theme of The Bookaholic, and anyone who clicks on them can be assured they're safe sites.
- Also in relation to privacy: any reader that contacts me would never have their email address given away.
(And more official in-depth below)
Like many other Web sites, http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.com makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site - usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services's analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
→ Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our site's visitors based upon their visit to http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.com and other sites on the Internet.
Our Advertising Partners
- Commission Junction
Third Party Privacy Policies
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites. What Are Cookies?
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.com does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.com has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and the best efforts will be made to promptly remove such information from the records.