Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award




Guidelines

1.
Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their website.
2. Post the award's logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
4.Nominate ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.

 
I was nominated by Bekka of Great Imaginations! Thank you so much! I love surveys like this, and I really needed something fun and different to put on the blog this week anyway while I wait for some reviews to come through soon so this worked out perfectly. Have a look after my answers to see the list of questions and who I nominated!

 

 

1. What is your biggest reading pet peeve?

Only one? Really? Ugh. I have a few though. If I had to choose from dog-earing to touching a book’s pages with greasy food hands to being interrupted constantly, I guess I would choose the interruptions. I HATE being interrupted while I’m lost in a book--especially if it’s good and all I want to do is just sit there and be immersed in it. “What are you doing?” DUH I’M READING. LEAVE ME ALONE.

2. Do you prefer paperback, hardcover, or ebook?

Hardcovers are prettier on the shelves, I’ll say that. But paperbacks are cheaper and easier for me to hold/tote around. So I do prefer paperback…but I generally hate the wait on them to release if the book released in hardcover first (it takes about nine months before it will come out on paperback after hardcover and sometimes I just can’t wait that long, dang it). Ebooks are great for when I just really need a space saver or have no other option, but on a personal level I read them a lot slower--the screen hurts my eyes after so long--so unless they’re ARCs, I usually don’t get them too often.

3. What is the very first book you remember reading?

I read Green Eggs and Ham with my dad when I was maybe 4 or 5? If you’re talking my first big, ‘grown-up’ title, it was The Shining when I was around 11. Still, there were many books before that one. I always remember being a reader.

4. If you could experience reading one book for the first time again, what book would you pick?

Harry Potter. I have many beloved favorites, but I think that’s the one series I would love to experience “first time” feelings for all over again because it’s HARRY POTTER. Enough said.

5. What is your favorite cover trend? Show some examples.

I love covers that show objects more than people I think. And darker shades. I’ve always loved Melissa Marr’s covers. Flowers or unusual looking bugs. Fantasy covers are usually eye-catching for me. Masks. Here are some of my latest most favorite covers in the last few years:



 

6. If you had to pick one genre to read for the rest of your life, which would it be?

Wow that’s tough. If I say Fantasy, that’s not exactly being too specific, is it? I guess it could toward any of its sub-genres like Contemporary Fantasy, Paranormal Fantasy, Epic…etc.. If that counts--that’s what I’d pick. I could probably find enough enjoyment out of that for the rest of my life. Haha. Although I would miss a lot of my regular Contemporary romances and horror that I read regularly as well. Boo.

7. Who are your top three authors?

Rude Bekka is rude.

Melissa Marr. Stephen King. Laini Taylor.

This changes sometimes. Though Marr and King are always in my top two at least. And Taylor is always in my top ten at least. It’s so hard narrowing a top three.

8. What has been your favorite read this year?

I’m not finished with it yet, but I’m pretty certain it’s going to be Dreams of Gods and Monsters. Lyn gifted it to me before BEA and I’m just starting to get around to it in the last few weeks (I know, sad) and though I’m a bit slow reading it… I LOVE IT.

9. What book or book series would you like to see made into a television show?

I was going to say Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but the more I think on that the more I realize I’d rather that be films--more of a budget so it can have the effects and makeup it needs. Television show though, I was really holding out hope for that Delirium (Lauren Oliver) show. Or maybe a do-over with Vampire Academy and turn that into a show.

10. Tell us one weird fact about you.

Ha! One.

Okay then…

I have a bit of OCD. Not self-diagnosed or anything like that-- it’s an actual issue, and while I joke around about it and stuff, it’s not really a joke in the end. I have to have certain order with things. People can’t take books off my shelves. I must take them myself, and then they can look, hand them back to me and I’ll put them back. Dishes can’t go in the left side of the sink until they are rinsed properly (because rinsing is done in the right side only). Etc… There’s a list I don’t want to get into really on everything. Lol. But yeah, that’s my “weird” fact. I do get picked on for it, but oh well. I used to get bothered by it, but I don’t so much anymore. Now I’ve just learned to joke around mostly while continuing to keep up with my own routine.

 
 

So that’s it!


 

Who do I tag?

Well I tag my co-blogger, Taylor, for sure! I want to see her answers pop up here sometime soon at least.

I also want to tag Lyn of Great Imaginations. Jessie of Ageless Pages Reviews. Christina of Reader of Fictions. Alexia of Adventures in Reading. Nikki of There Were Books Involved. And the other five tags can just go to anyone else reading this that want to do it! :P


My questions:

1. Tell us three interesting facts about you.

2. What’s your favorite memory that involves books/reading?

3. Who are your top five fave authors?

4. What’s the worst book you read this year?

5. What’s the best?

6. Who is your favorite character of all time? (If there hasn’t been a film and you could cast them, would you? If so, who would you choose?)

7. What book would you choose to turn into a movie or tv show right now if you could?

8. What covers usually catch your attention? Give examples.

9. If you had to reread your favorite book only for the next two years anytime you wanted to read, or give it up entirely for the rest of your life and read a new book instead--except the new book could be really bad--would you?

10.What’s the worst thing you could do to a book out of these: fold pages, spill food/drink, read in the bathtub, write inside, or bend the spine back?

 

 

 

 


 

 

2 comments:

  1. Expect mine to appear on the blog on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green Eggs and Ham was my first book too! I remember being so ridiculously proud of myself for reading it. And I would LOVE a Vampire Academy show! That would actually be PERFECT for that series!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...