Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Haul (BEA Part Two and other things)

Buckle up, it's going to be a long post. This is THE HAUL.

But it's more than just my BEA Haul. I wanted to include books/ebooks I received in the last week or two as well while I was at this. And there's pics. And lots of flailing. So yeah. Let's just get the show on the road now, shall we? :D

Let me start by saying this is actually a post in relation to Stacking the Shelves, which is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. I don't post often with this feature, I know, but I'm pretty much making up for that right now with this one. And will try and get around to doing so more in the coming months.

I'm going to begin with the easy ones before I get to the major haul from BEA.

The e-books I was approved for in the last two weeks on NetGalley/Edelweiss:

The Girls at the Kingfisher Club - Genevieve Valentine
Of Monsters and Madness - Jessica Verday
Stray - Elissa Sussman
In the End - Demitria Lunetta

Physical copies I received from pubs:

The Immortal Crown by Richelle Mead from Dutton.
The Jedi Doth Return from Quirk (have already read, enjoyed, and given away)

Purchased:

The Maze Runner - James Dashner
Highland Hearts - Hannah Howell (sshh, I have a secret enjoyment for some of these books)

Gifted (now here comes the BEA haul immediately following!):



Okay, so there's a story to this gift. One: I love love love TMNT. Don't judge me! Two: I have been trying to find Dreams of Gods and Monsters EVERYWHERE and I just couldn't and it made me really sad. I live in the sticks. I pretty much have to order a majority of my books when I want particular ones it seems. I was on the verge of ordering this, and was going to when I got back from BEA, until Lyn (Great Imaginations) handed it to me the night before our trip. Did I mention we traveled together? Oh, well, we did. I miss her already. I nearly screamed in her face though when I saw she got these for me. Just wait until she sees what I get her.


BEA HAUL!!





I paced myself people. I didn't get as much as I thought I'd get. And I didn't get invited to any parties this year, probably because it was my first year and I don't really know anyone or have any connections. I don't know. Maybe next year? Either way, I was still extremely happy and grateful for the books I did bring in. I picked up my biggest priority books I think -- Melissa Marr, Holly Black, and Sarah J. Maas especially. I really look forward to a lot of reading over the next few weeks.

So here's what I've got:

Broken Monsters - Lauren Beukes
Made For You - Melissa Marr
The Darkest Part of the Forest - Holly Black
Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas
Black Ice - Becca Fitzpatrick
Famous in Love - Rebecca Serle
Sinner - Maggie Stiefvater
Mortal Heart - Robin LaFevers
Unhinged - A.G. Howard
Salt & Storm - Kendall Kulper
I'll Give You the Sun - Jandy Nelson
Lacy Eye - Jessica Treadway
The Boy Who Drew Monsters - Keith Donohue
Clariel - Garth Nix
The Map to Everwhere - Carrie Ryan & John Parke Davis
History of the Future - A.S. King
Messenger of Fear - Michael Grant
10:04 - Ben Lerner
The Jewel - Amy Ewing
A Plague of Unicorns - Jane Yolen
Gabriel Finley & the Raven's Riddle - George Hagen
Nest - Esther Ehrlich
On a Clear Day - Walter Dean Myers
Missing Reels - Farran Smith Nehme
Positive - Paige Rawl
Story of Land and Sea - Katy Simpson Smith
A Sudden Light - Gath Stein
Burn For Me - Ilona Andrews
The Question of Miracles - Elana K. Arnold
Tape - Steve Camden
Anatomy of a Misfit - Andrea Portes
Falling into Place - Amy Zhang
Lies We Tell Ourselves - Robin Talley
Belzhar - Meg Wolitzer


Book I'm already reading: Broken Monsters
Also currently reading The Forever Song. Can't wait to start reading Dreams of Gods & Monsters and Made For You soon. <3


Now I can't guarantee I'll read ALL of these. I know there's been a lot of drama the last few days regarding BEA and ARCs, so I'm going to say a few quick words: When I picked up my books, I had full intention of wanting them for reading/reviewing at that moment. I was caught up in the moment. Everyone is, am I right? Now that I am at home, with a deeper, longer look at each individual book, I can see there a few in this pile I probably won't be so in to after all. When it comes down to it, I'd much rather take the few I know would be disasters for me and host a fun giveaway (in which a reader from my blog can win a cool little bundle of about 3-4 books) and pass them on to someone that would have much more interest. Ya know? That's the whole gist of an ARC anyway. Passing them around, giving them out, promoting. And that's that from me on this particular topic. Lol.


Also... I'm still freaking out a bit over this:

<3





I can't wait until next year!!





3 comments:

  1. Now I am crying (again) because I really miss talking to you, Pixie. I'm going to stare at you until you read Dreams of Gods and Monsters. *stares*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why people are upset about others getting books at BEA? Don't they realize that it costs a ton of money to go? Don't you feel bad about your books. They look awesome! :)

    Happy Reading!

    My Weekly Wrap up Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...