Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (33)



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week’s topic:
Top Ten Best/Worst Series Enders

 



Okay, I’m going to try and do this the best of my ability. Haha. The last couple of years have been a bit of hell as far as finishing series. And there have been some wonderful ones I’ve started in the last two years, but they’re not completed yet so I can’t say where they stand! =O I’ll just list as many as I can for each category, even if the total doesn’t equal up to ten.



Best:




Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows --This was actually a best and a worst. It was great for all of the details and the battle and so much… but at the same time I still felt slightly dissatisfied after the epilogue. I don’t know. It’s a bit hard to explain. Maybe I just didn’t want to let go of the world. I do want more. LOL.

Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely) -- Such an amazing ending to one of my favorites. It was beautiful. Yes, there’s another Wicked Lovely novel coming out soon (I have an ARC *squeeee*), but it’s not exactly a part of the series if that makes sense? It’s a companion. So there are some characters from the series. But to get technical about it, Darkest Mercy is still considered the last book.

Monsters (Ashes) -- This was also one to be on the fence about. Ending left me feeling a little dissatisfied, I didn’t want to let go of the characters and world, wanted more, but generally a fantastic (and super-long) series ending.

The Iron Knight -- I loved the last book to this series mostly because of the style and tone. It’d been written so differently I felt compared to the rest of the books.

 


Worst:





Requiem -- Ugh… this book had me almost on a rampage through the house. I completely loved it up until the ending. Sure, ending paragraphs where gorgeous, but it was not wrapped up well at all and I RAGED at book for hours.

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy) -- One of my favorite series ever. One of my favorite authors ever. One of the worse endings. Like, what was THAT? Pretty good first half. Second half rushed and OMG WHAT DID SHE DO?! The end. Over.

The Goddess Inheritance -- I don’t even want to discuss this waste of time.

Breaking Dawn -- Yeah. I read all the books. And THAT my friends is why some bloggers drink…. Ugh. Seriously, though. I would say I kind of enjoyed the first book, albeit some character issues. I can see where the appeal is, okay? The second book, ew. The third book was kind of cool, too. Meyer is good with action sequences. And she did come up with an interesting concept. I’ll give her that. I also feel pretty damn sorry for her right now after hearing that she’s quitting writing because she’s so tired of it and has got sick of Twilight herself (Hear that fanfic pubs?? The actual author is tired of her own work. I would think that's a sign.). But this installment was where it really went all downhill and probably ruined my potential enjoyment of anything to do with this series. Well, and the movies with the horrendous acting of Kstew and Rpatz. I will admit that I adore Charlie, Alice and Jasper. The books should’ve been about them.

 




So do you have any best/worst series enders?




What’s your Top Ten?





3 comments:

  1. I felt like Requiem wasn't an ending! The story is not over! I was so disappointed! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your header!!! It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I completely agree. And I really wish there'd be more. There's so much left unexplained, and questions.. Agh. Haha. And thank you! =D

      Delete
  2. I felt the same for the Harry Potter series end. The series had been with me since I read the first book in elementary school. So it was sad to say goodbye to the book series. I however liked the Vampire Academy series end. Breaking Dawn end I felt was pretty disappointing. I enjoyed the series the first time I read it, I must admit, recently I read series that is much better however. Well the end was not quite as I had hoped. I would have liked a little more action. Have not read any of the other series you mention here.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...