Saturday, March 3, 2012

Follow Friday (42)



Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee’s View and Alison at Alison Can Read. If you want to participate, it's easy. To learn more and enter, check out: Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Join the fun and make some new friends!

Please consider following via email subscription, Google Reader, or RSS feed if you can’t follow through GFC as a non-Blogger member. Also, there is a new feature (thanks to Parajunkee for the find!) there on the sidebar where you can follow me directly through LinkyFollowers! GFC will not allow non-Blogger followers after March, so I greatly appreciate everyone who still continue to follow through either of these other means. Thanks! (Blogger members can still follow through GFC and won’t be removed after March)


(I'm a bit late on FF this week. Haha.. it's been a crazy hectic week due to house being remodeled! I hope everyone is well and posts will be back to a better regular schedule soon!)


Q: What book would you love to see made into a movie or television show and do you have actors/actresses in mind to play the main characters?


I think I’m one of the rare ones that doesn’t complain about books made into movies. Why? Because you should never judge a book by its movie. I like them as two different forms of entertainment. In some cases, I didn’t particularly care for the book, but liked its movie version--or vice versa. With that said, some books I’d really like to see made into a movie or television show would be The Iron Fey series or the Vampire Academy series (which is optioned for film, but not picked up yet by a studio to begin filming or casting--come on, already!). I think either one would both work exceptionally well as movies or television… sometimes long-running television series seem to work out better though in my opinion, depending on the cast, channel, and timeslot.


As for the other part of the question, I couldn’t even begin to start on who I’d cast personally. I do have some I like, but generally people have their preferences and I think that’s why many people get so picky about movies/television when it comes to their favorite books going onto the screen in the end. I don’t. I love seeing them in action, but I also understand that it’s just a different form of entertainment. If I don’t like the movie or something, then I won’t watch it again--but it won’t affect my opinion of the book or change my love for the characters. :)


I think Victoria Justice would make a good Rose Hathaway for Vampire Academy appearance and age wise. And I think Tim Burton would make a great director for The Iron Fey series. He would do wonders on the world building and the characters. Just some ideas tossed out there! :P






Happy Friday and happy reading!




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love the Iron Fey and I also chose that! I think Victoria Justice would be a great choice, although I don't know if she's ever done any serious acting before.

    New follower via Follow Friday!

    Eileen @ ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Iron Fey series! New follower! Awesome answer! Totally agree and love your post!!!!

    Follow me too?
    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
  3. From a cinematic standpoint. I think The Scorpio Races would make a good movie

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...