Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Review: Bloodlines

Title: Bloodlines
Author: Richelle Mead
Genre: YA Fantasy



When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood. --Goodreads





If you haven’t read The Vampire Academy Series, what in the world are you waiting for?!
My suggestion is to read that series before diving into Bloodlines. You won’t exactly be lost if you do happen to read Bloodlines first, but you’ll know some of the characters much better- as well as some parts where backstories are mentioned.


Now that I’ve established this, I’d like to let out a big WHOOP and EEEOWW for Bloodlines! It completely blew me away!


There was only one reason I wanted this book and that reason was named Adrian Ivashkov.


If it hadn’t been for him, I honestly don’t think I would have bothered with it- or at least not this soon- no matter that it’s a VA spin-off. Honestly, I was never a big fan of Sydney or Jill in VA, so upon hearing about the spin-off last year, I was wary. But when I heard Adrian was making his appearance as an MC for the new series, my heart soared.


Bloodlines not only met my expectations, but it went above and beyond. I may not have been much of a fan before of the two girls- but I absolutely adore Sydney and Jill now, most particularly Sydney, who is much stronger and sassy than she appears.


There were a lot of laugh out loud moments and great twists and turns. As always, Richelle Mead knows how to deliver a story that packs a punch. I could not put this book down until I finished (and I finished in a little less than twelve hours)!


I will not say too much more, because if I do, it might become a spoiler for the VA series- and I don’t want to do that for anyone who hasn’t read that series yet, either. Just know this: Read it. Highly recommended. Loved, loved, loved.


5 stars!






Photobucket



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. YEA!!!!! I agree I grew to love Sydney more in this book, and as always I loved Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this - I'm still trying to get through the full VA series! :) I love Adrian in VA though, so I know I'll have to love this!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...