Monday, August 15, 2011

ARC Review: Darkness Falling

Title: Darkness Falling
Author: Peter Crowther
Genre: Horror
Release Date: September 27th


Zombie monsters struck from the mold of countless drive-in B movies supply mayhem and gore in Darkness Falling. Their onslaught is heralded one day by a predawn flash of unearthly light that cuts off middle-American everyville Jesman's Bend from communication with the outside world. When four employees of local radio station KMRT investigate, they find the town mysteriously depopulated, apparently in the middle of regular routines. Familiar folk reappear shortly afterward, all wearing concealing sunglasses and gloves and driven by malignant alien motives revealed when they descend en masse upon the terrified foursome . . . --Goodreads


This will perhaps be one of my shortest reviews I've probably written. There's not really much to say about this one other than I just didn't connect with Darkness Falling as much as I had hoped I would. I usually enjoy a zombie tale, but there was just too much going on here at times that my head spun. While it wasn't bad, for once, I should say in my honest opinion I thought that this felt more... scripted... than anything. In other words, I felt like I could easily enjoy the piece more as a movie rather than a book. Perhaps due in part with all of the action, tension buildup, and characters going on, if I saw it I would have understood it better. Oftentimes, I just didn't feel it although it does hold some promise.

2 stars!


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...