Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Review: The Strange Case of Finley Jayne

Title: The Strange Case of Finley Jayne
Author: Kady Cross
Genre: YA/Steampunk
Novellette/Short Story

Prequel to "The Girl in the Steel Corset"


Finley Jayne knows she's not 'normal'. Normal girls don't lose time, or have something inside them that makes them capable of remarkably violent things. Her behavior has already cost her one job, so when she's offered the lofty position of companion to Phoebe, a debutante recently engaged to Lord Vincent, she accepts, despite having no experience. Lord Vincent is a man of science with his automatons and inventions, but Finley is suspicious of his motives where Phoebe is concerned. She will do anything to protect her new friend, but what she discovers is even more monstrous than anything she could have imagined… --Goodreads


I have been wanting to read The Girl in the Steel Corset for quite some time. Now that I've read "The Strange Case of Finley Jayne", I want to read it even more.

This is a prequel. A short one and a quick read. But I enjoyed it highly. I got to know Finley a bit and from the novellette, I really liked her character and really wanted to get to know her more. I really wanted to know more about her "other side" most of all and what exactly happened with her to make her so different. The action in this was fast paced. I was immediately captivated with the Finley's Victorian Steampunk world!


This was a great introduction in Steampunk for me- and yes, I believe this was my first Steampunk read. I've watched plenty of movies in this genre, and have always enjoyed them, but don't recall reading any books in the genre until now. I really should pick it up a lot more often now!


A fantastic, entertaining read!

4 stars!


Photobucket


Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...