Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Review: Betrayed

Title: Betrayed (House of Night #2)
Author: P.C. & Kristin Cast
Genre: YA/Paranormal Fantasy



Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night. She’s come to terms with the vast powers the vampyre goddess, Nyx, has given her, and is getting a handle on being the new Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, Zoey finally feels like she belongs--like she really fits in. She actually has a boyfriend…or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey’s old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world. --Goodreads




Betrayed is the second installment to the House of Night series. While I’m still new this series, I don’t seem as enthusiastic about it as many others I know. Perhaps it’s just me, I’m not sure. But I really don’t get the hype too much with this series. It has potential. I give it that. I quite like some of the characters and the way they interact with each other- along with the vampire mythos the authors have created in their world. There’s a lot I don’t like, though. Mostly the writing. The never-ending chatter of the narration, especially when in mid-sentence and suddenly the character has to go off and make a damn off-topic pop culture reference. Or this constant repetition of what had happened in the first book.

My rating stands at 3 stars because I still thought the story to have potential and it did continue to hold my interest despite the constant nitpicks. I may or may not continue on to the next book in the future sometime… But it’s not a rush at this moment.

My real advice here is that if you truly want some great vampire YA reads, try these out instead:

The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz
The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine





Photobucket




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...