Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (6)

Photobucket


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




My Waiting on Wednesday this week is:

Title: Darker Still
Author: Leanna Renee Hieber
Release Date: November 1st




Photobucket

The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
New York City, 1882. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing...
Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul. --Goodreads



Just look at that cover! Absolutely gorgeous! And the synopsis already has me hooked and craving like crazy to get my hands on this book. I can't believe I still have to wait until November for this one. Haha!

What is your Waiting on Wednesday?




Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is pretty. I hope to get this one at ALA! =)

    Waiting on Wednesday (32)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited for this one too! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! I can't wait for this one either! It sounds so good, November needs to get here already! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, there. I'm a new follower. This one is making the rounds today. I'm thinking it's going to make for a very good read. Nice pick!

    Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll read this based on the cover alone!

    My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/06/www-8-and-waiting-on-wednesday-june.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice, this sounds really interesting and the cover is gorgeous.

    My WoW: http://thereadinggeek.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-4-daughter-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. OKAY YOU CAUGHT MY ATTENTION WITH THAT FIRST LINE OF THE SYNOPSIS.

    1. Pride and Prejudice
    2. I haven't read Oscar Wilde, but he's my friend's favorite author, and I desperately want to read The Picture of Dorian Gray.
    3. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?! Yes. The recent release of The Girl in the Steel Corset had a nice element of this with it, and I can see this novel doing just the same.

    "A Novel of Magic Most Foul." LOVE THAT.

    Ohman. I need this now. Adding it to my to-read pile. Thanks for sharing!!
    -Christina Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's probably rude to copy and paste what Christina said, buuut.. Well, I agree! :D

    New Follower here, by the way! =)

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...