Thursday, June 30, 2011

Faves of 2011... So Far! (2)

(Hop on over to inkcrush to learn more about this unique idea!)



the scenes




1. best first chapter:



This is a toss-up between "Ultraviolet" and "Born At Midnight". Between a first chapter where tighty-whities are getting bar-b-qued and a girl has been disinigrated, it's quite hard for me to decide which first chapter I thought was the best. Both immediately grabbed me and pulled me right into the book.





2. best climax:



A lot of my answers are going to have more than one, because I can't choose just one most times. Haha. Ahh.. Best climax. So far, I'd have to say that goes for "Divergent" and "Never Knowing". But I can proudly say that I have had a really good reading year so far. Hardly any letdowns at all. This was a tough question to answer because there were a few others I could have put here as well. ;)



3. best ending:

Jane Eyre and Ultraviolet



4. best plot twist/revelation (no spoilers!):

Of course without any spoilers! I would never do that. :P But if you haven't read "Ultraviolet", be prepared for some major twists that will blow your mind!



5. scariest/most disturbing scene:



Honestly, it's hard for me to be disturbed or scared in scenes with books anymore. This is a tough one for me to answer because I really don't recall any scenes truly bothering me so much so far this year. Perhaps there was a scene or two in "Divergent" and "The Heart Denied" that irked me a bit, made me feel a bit of sympathy for the characters... Also I felt afraid for Sara and her daughter at times in "Never Knowing".



6. steamiest scene (or sweetest/sexiest kiss award):


Well, I have three winners for this one. Because I've decided that I'm a bit "Literary Boy Crazy". Number One: I love Prince Ash. Sooo... The Iron Fey series fits for "steamiest scene". If you've read any of the books, you'd know that Meghan and Ash have some of the sweetest moments.
Number Two: I just recently read "Born At Midnight"- already becoming a bit obsessed and anxiously awaiting the next book to the series-  and completely crazy for Lucas. Kylie's moment with him was hot, hot, hot! Loved it!
And last, but certainly not least.. I can't forget Tris and Four from "Divergent".  Four had me at "Hello". Well, that wasn't really his first line in the book, but you know what I mean. LoL. This is another one I'm excited to read more from. Very soon.
All great! :P


7. best swoon-worthy moment:



Ash and Meghan's first kiss in The Iron King. Kylie and Lucas's kiss in Born At Midnight. Claire and Shane's first kiss in The Morganville Vampires. I like swoon-worthy moments, even though I'm not huge into romantic-heavy  plots. If that makes any sense. Haha.



8. biggest nail-biting moment:

Never Knowing had some real nail-biting moments toward the end. Ultraviolent as well... and Divergent. Loved the fast-paced action that left your head spinning and wondering what was going to happen to the characters.


9. most hilarious scene:

There were a couple of scenes in "Born at Midnight" that had me laughing out loud due to the witty remarks and quirky characters. I also loved and laughed at several scenes in The Iron Fey series due to one of my favorite characters, a cat named Grimalkin. I don't want to come out and describe any particular scenes from any books due to possible spoilers.

10. most heart-breaking/tear-jerker moment:

Ah... I don't believe I want to give much away due to spoilers once again. But I can say that "Moloka'i" by Alan Brennert made me cry on several occasions due to heart-breaking moments. Such a sad story.


the random



1. fave first sentence:

I don't think I have a book at the moment I can recall that I can say has my favorite first sentence (this year) really. For the time being, I'm honestly drawing a blank. I've enjoyed many books this year, several I loved immediately from the first chapter. I just can't think of one at this time that gave me a "favorite first sentence" at this time. But I may get back to this question soon. :) Tough one. :P


2. fave book title:

I think for favorite book title, out of the books I've read so far this year- out of my favorites' list so far, anyway- I think it's going to have to go to "My Booky Wook". I think it's an adorable title. Haha.


3. fave reading experience (ie: created a great reading memory):


My favorite reading experience? Hmm... Oh! One recent favorite reading experience would have to be when I went on vacation. It was a thirteen hour drive (I wasn't driving), and I read the entire time. It was a reading marathon for me basically and I enjoyed every bit of it. On that trip, I started and finished four books. Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson was one of them.


4. book with the best food in it (made me so crazy-envious-hungry):

I don't think I can answer this one. I don't usually desire the food that's described most of the time. Haha. Although I guess I can say The Morganville Vampires had some meals occasionally that sounded good when I was hungry. Like spaghetti. :P


5. book with the most sensual weather (made you shiver/sweat):

The Iron Fey series. Ms. Kagawa does an excellent job with her details, describing the weather of the courts, and of the mortal realm.


6. most embarrassing book cover (feeling sheepish in public):

I'm never embarrassed by my book covers.


7. can’t believe you waited this long to read the book (!):

Jane Eyre! Wow... I can't believe that at 26 years old I just read it this year. And it was excellent. By far one of my favorite classics. Right up there with Wuthering Heights (which I've read a million times since high school because it is my favorite classic). :P




And that's it! This has been fun!
Are you participating? What are 2011 Favorites so far?





Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. my booky wook is just such a BRILLIANT title, haha. i grin every time i think about it


    and i really want to read NEVER KNOWING (fingers crossed really hard my lib gets it in soon)

    everyone has been RAVING about ULTRAVIOLET O.o i can't say i like the cover but i really am intrigued about it ...

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...