Every so often, we meet characters in books that we find ourselves wanting more… And I don’t mean those little novellas/e-novellas that some characters do get at some point. I mean a full-length novel or several-book series with them as the main character, featuring their story. Personally, I’m not fond of those little e-novellas most of the time. Today, I’d like to feature a list of my own picks that should get their own book or series. It’s not a particularly long list, though I probably could’ve listed more than this.
Now onto my choices!
1. Hanna (Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver) -- I felt like her character was so much more complex than the story gave and would love to read more on the character. I would really like to read an after piece also because she felt incomplete.
2. Wolf (Shadows -- The Ashes Trilogy by Ilsa J. Bick) -- Wolf was one of the many characters in this trilogy, not introduced until book two, but my favorite. His back story was a story in itself and could easily be another novel… and I just want so much more of him.
3. Haymitch (The Hunger Games) -- Who else wouldn’t want a HG spin-off/prequel of the time when Haymitch was in the arena??!
4. Zuz and Mik (Daughter of Smoke & Bone) -- In the beginning, they’re a bit of a plain, but cute and adorable couple. Until they’re thrown in the middle of Karou’s world… And while I know there’s a novella that features a story of them, I just feel like there could be a lot more surrounding these two eccentric characters I’ve personally come to love. Also, there’s several other characters in this series that would make great separate books. Brimstone, for example.
5. Max (The Book Thief) -- Maybe I want to torture myself… but I kind of want to read Max. And what he went through and his journey/survival before finding Liesel again. With a box of tissues handy, of course.
Would you read these? Which characters would you pick? Sound off in the comments!