Monday, September 9, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge (10, 11)

 
Don't know what the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge is? Check it out at Good Books and Good Wine, and hop in on the fun if you want also. Click on the 'fifteen day' tag at the bottom of the post, or go to my Events tab to follow along with all of the posts for this challenge. :)


For this post, I’m going to step just a tad out of order here with the questions and skip to what’s actually days 11 & 12. Instead, I’m just rearranging a bit, making them for days 10 & 11, and moving the other questions to the next post. This way the posts have a more fitting theme with each question/answer. Haha.

Also, I realize I slacked a bit the last couple of weeks answering these. I feel bad about that. But I still wanted to complete the challenge anyway. =P

 



Day Ten:
Show off 5 of your best blog posts!



Well this is tough, to be honest, because I don’t know if I can personally pick out my best posts. I think that’s always up to my readers. Isn’t it? I guess I could go by my stats and link you the five posts that get the most attention through views/comments? Or the posts that I had the most fun writing? *shrug*

Let’s Talk About Sex, Baby… No Diggity (Discussion) -- This discussion post was put up earlier this year, mostly out of agitation after reading a few books that seemed to have the same recurring theme when it came to characters and sex. It ended up becoming one of my more popular posts on the blog as far as views went, and continues to be one of my highest-viewed posts. Also, I guess the Loki gifs are a bonus.

Books and Crafts: Is It Destruction or Love (Discussion) -- Okay, so this post hardly got any attention at all outside of anything except views. No comments. Nothing. But that’s completely okay. The reason I’m putting it on the list is because I really put a lot of time building this post and enjoyed writing it. It’s probably one of my favorite discussion posts out of the ones written in the last year on the blog (which I need to write more discussion posts anyway).

Interview with R.J. Anderson -- Not only is this special because it’s R.J. Anderson, author of the awesome Ultraviolet/Quicksilver set that I adore sooo much, but this was also my very first author interview on the blog way back in the summer of 2011 (and Ultraviolet had also been my first NetGalley title after I joined that site back in June of 2011 haha). So maybe not one of my BEST posts, but one of my dearest.

Some of my favorite reviews posted: Monsters by Ilsa J. Bick (I just loved gushing about this whole trilogy, tbh. Ha.), Daughter of Smoke & Bone/Days of Blood & Starlight, Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, and Crown of Midnight.

I think that's about it for now. Would you agree or do you want to add some to this list that you think are also my best posts? Any posts you'd like to see more of on the blog in the future?


 

 

 

Day Eleven:
How Do You Fight Blogger Fatigue?


Blogger fatigue is so pesky. I do get in my moods where I just don't feel like doing much of anything with the blog. I may not feel like making posts, returning comments, updating pages, or whatever. And in order to fight that feeling, sometimes I just have to take a step back and actually take a break. What? How does that make sense? Well, I can't force myself to go doing things either. So if I'm in a mood, maybe a break or doing something else for a bit is just what I need to feel better. Because the biggest thing to remember is that blogging should never feel like a chore. When/If it does start feeling that way, it's time to take a break and ease the stress. Everything will still be there upon returning. =)

And for me, a break usually doesn't even last long before I'll get to feeling up to doing things again. Like with any kind of fatigue, sometimes I just need a moment to clear my head and to get the motivation back. Sometimes sitting back and doing some reading (especially some "me" books to read--not books that are specifically labeled as review reads that may make me feel worse or required to pick up) will have me back in no time.

I'd like to hear some of your tips, too. How do you fight blogger fatigue? Do you also take breaks from blogging/social media if you feel the need to get away so you can relieve the stress?



Next post coming soon!


 


1 comment:

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...