Tuesday, August 13, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge (5 & 6)


Don't know what the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge is? Check it out at Good Books and Good Wine, and hop in on the fun if you want also. Click on the 'fifteen day' tag at the bottom of the post, or go to my Events tab to follow along with all of the posts for this challenge. :)


Day Five:
Recommend a Tear Jerker


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It’s a book I think everyone should try to read at least once… and I have a feeling this one is going to eventually be a classic. I already know I’m going to have to carry in a box of tissues when I go see the movie. Oy. So emotional.



Day Six:
Describe How You Shop For Books


I don’t really have a specific way that I shop. If I’m going in without anything set in mind, I still go to my usual section of choice first--the area that has the books I read a majority of which is the YA/Teen section--and check out the shelves to see what just catches my interest. Sometimes while I’m browsing, I recall that there’s some new releases I’ve been wanting or something on my wish list, and I’ll go ahead and search those out. Sometimes I’m just random. Haha. I really like browsing for as long as I can. Just going through a variety of shelves in my favorite categories and genres until I pick up whatever I want. There are days I go in with of list of “okay, this is what I’m definitely getting,” and I’ll walk out with those exact books. But usually, I just like shopping books the random way and being fun about it. Especially since I don’t get to the book store as often as I’d like. My good book store (Books A Million) is almost an hour away. When I don’t get to go there, I’m buying whatever I can if there’s anything good on occasion when I go grocery shopping--sneak buying, actually--or I order online.


What would be the biggest tear jerker for you? Is there a specific way you shop for books?




1 comment:

  1. I never knew The Book Thief was a tear jerker. I'm not sure what I thought it was about, certainly didn't realize it was a sad story! I tend to shy away from books which are too sad. I guess for me Twerp was pretty sad. As for book shopping, I only read on a kindle. My shopping is so easy. I create a wish list on Amazon, import it to ereaderIQ's price drop lists and then patiently wait for the book to become deep discounted so I can swoop in and snatch it. I also check out other blogs which advertise discounted e-books. My Wish Lists usually come from Goodreads feeds or reading other blogs and memes like waiting on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...