Friday, June 14, 2013

Sound Effects #6




 
 
If Book Blurbs Were Lyrics


Hello and welcome back to Sound Effects! This week I’m doing something a little new as you can see from the title above. I’ll post in this style on occasion to mix it up among my other posts with this feature. I thought it would be fun to try and figure out first interpretations of a book blurb through lyrics. So let’s see what we get here?

The book I’m featuring this week:



Vicious by Victoria Schwab! Of course I haven’t read this one yet. It’s on my dying-to-read list. And I can’t wait until September when it releases and I can run out to the store to pick up my copy. It sounds amazing. Check it out at Goodreads here.


First Lyrics To Mind:
I’m Your Villain by Franz Ferdinand


I know what I am
And I’m your villain
Although I don’t give a damn if
I’m your villain
Because serious
You’re so serious.

 




What lyrics come to your mind first when reading the blurb for Vicious?



Photobucket

(If Book Blurbs Were Lyrics was semi-inspired after web surfing across a blog a few weeks ago that'd had two topics discussing "If Blurbs Were Alternative Lyrics" and "If Blurbs Were Hip Hop Lyrics". The idea sparked for me a few days later, but I didn't take note of the blog to cite it unfortunately... However, I'd like to say that it's not quite an all-original idea of mine, but has my own twist. Just wanted to let my followers know!)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I've ever told you before, but I absolutely love this feature idea. But right now my laptop hates me and doesn't give me sound, so I can't really enjoy it as much as I want to. But despite the lack of comment love you get, this is a great feature, and hopefully one day soon I'll be able to put the music to the lyrics you post.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...