Friday, June 7, 2013

Follow Friday (79)

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee’s View and Alison at Alison Can Read. If you want to participate, it's easy. To learn more and enter, check out: Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Join the fun and make some new friends!

Please consider following via email subscription, BlogLovin, RSS feed or the LinkyFollowers feature if you can’t follow through GFC as a non-Blogger member anymore. Thank you, and thank you all for your continued support!


Q: Have you broken up with a series? If so which one and why?

 

Several. Happens to me a little more often than I like actually because it can be hard to keep my attention with some of them (middle book syndrome, anyone?).

I don’t really count the ones where I just read the first book to see what it was like and then didn’t continue though.

Break-ups:

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick -- Okay. I really did like the first book of this series. Albeit some nitpicks with the characters, it was a total guilty pleasure. I was excited when I grabbed book two. Except, I ended up really disliking the second book so much that I just haven’t bothered with the rest of the books since. So I’m not interested at all to continue.

Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine -- Loved those books hardcore. They’re FUN. I’ve read, I think, five of them? But I haven’t picked up any more since in the last year and a half and haven’t really had the desire. I think I kind of lost my interest after the last one. Wasn’t bad though!

Sookie Stackhouse -- Lost its steam for me after #7, though I read up to #10. That and I just really got into the show by that point. Lol. I’m still planning to read the rest of them eventually, but I’m not in a big rush. I pretty much call this a “series separation” rather than a break-up.

House of Night -- I tried. I’m surprised I even made it through two whole books.

If you count a spin-off break-up: I broke up with The Iron Fey series the moment the spin-off started. I haven't even attempted to read the spin-off, and don't think I will. I love The Iron Fey series. Ash and Puck, come on! Yeah! :) But I don't have the desire to read about Ethan at all. *shrugs* I guess that's just me. So I'm skipping it and reminiscing on the original 4-book series, and also enjoying Kagawa's new Blood of Eden series.


What are some of your break-ups?


Have a wonderful bookish weekend!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I heard about that Iron Fey spin-off, it does not seem really interesting to me too.. PS: new follower on bloglovin!

    My FF:

    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Iron Fey! Wasn't all too enthusiastic about the spin off... Team Ash! Haha! The rest of your picks I've never read, except for Hush, Hush which I liked at first. I finished though! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so with you in the Sookie books! Lol
    Trish - my follow friday

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...