Friday, October 19, 2012

Follow Friday (69)


Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee’s View and Alison at Alison Can Read. If you want to participate, it's easy. To learn more and enter, check out: Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Join the fun and make some new friends!


Please consider following via email subscription, Google Reader, RSS feed or the new LinkyFollowers feature if you can’t follow through GFC as a non-Blogger member anymore. Thank you, and thank you all for your continued support!


Q: When you step out of your USUAL genre what do you like to read? Best books in that genre?


Well this is a tough question for me to answer actually. I read a bit of everything. Mostly, I read YA--but there’s so many subgenres there. I guess you could say I enjoy paranormal, fantasies, and dystopias best, so I tend to read them more than others. I also like to read a lot of adult supernatural/horror and historical. Soooo…hmm… I guess I could say the genre that I’ve been picking up more of lately is Contemporary. Up until the last year or so, I had never really been interested in it before, so yeah--I stepped out and tried something new. I ended up finding a few favorites along the way and now when I’m in the mood, I’m not so scared to go for that genre. Haha.

 
Have a wonderful bookish weekend!

 




Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I read a little bit of everything, as long as it's fiction!
    Here's my FF.
    Happy Friday!
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read contemporary when my imagination needs some break from the fantasy, haha XD

    New follower! Here's my FF :)

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read so many different genres as well, but I truly like some better than others.
    I'm an old linky follower, and here's my FF post post for this week.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a science fiction junkie! Steamy romance and PNR are what I read out of my genre but I love contemporary and have actually read a lot of them lately.

    New follow via GFC.

    Julie~ New Adult Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything and everything :) not too big into romance novels though

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a YA junkie. But I also love epic and urban fantasy.

    Thanks to your recommendations, I love me some contemporary. Especially with a swoon-worthy guy somewhere in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading YA as a genre means you read a lot of different things.

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't joined the contemporary wave yet, but I'm starting to be swayed!

    I'm a new follower :D Here's my blog http://www.onstarshipsanddragonwings.com/2012/10/21/feature-follow-friday-1/

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...