Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic:
Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished (because either you didn't like them, you just have procrastinated, etc.
1. Gemma Doyle (Libba Bray) --I enjoyed the first book, but for some reason haven’t got around to picking up the rest of the series. It’s been a couple years since I’ve read the first, too, so I would probably have to re-read for a refresher and I admit that I feel a little lazy about that right now.
2. Uglies (Scott Westerfeld) --I didn’t really like it enough to continue though I have the second book on my shelf. I think I got them both at the same time at some book sale. I keep telling myself I might give it another chance though since it’s been a few years and my reading tastes have changed a bit. I did read Uglies before I really got into a lot of Dystopian/Sci-Fi type books. So maybe another chance sometime on that one.
3. The Mortal Instruments (Cassandra Clare) --Holy crap, I know! I’m probably the only person who hasn’t read it. Once again, that’s another one where I just read the first book. And I really didn’t see the appeal. I haven’t decided if I’m going to try and continue or not. I have a few friends who are big fans and I totally get it. Maybe not for me? The movie cast looks pretty great though, I admit. Jonathan Rhys Meyers, anyone? Hello!
4. Blue Bloods (Melissa de la Cruz) -- I love, love, love this series. I strayed away for a bit though due to a hectic schedule. I’ve read up to Misguided Angel, which is book five. I think there’s only one book left. I just haven’t got around to picking it up. Plan to do that soon.
5. The Shadow Falls series (C.C. Hunter)-- adored Born at Midnight, book one. Book three is out by now, with a soon-to-be release of book four. I’m so behind. Ugh. I do have book two on my shelf FINALLY waiting to be read so hopefully I can get back into this series.
6. Hush, Hush series (Becca Fitzpatrick)-- I’m actually a fan. Hey, I’m entitled to my guilty pleasures. Don’t judge me. :p I’ve read the first two books, but I guess I just haven’t bothered with the other two yet. I will eventually, I’m sure.
7. Fallen series (Lauren Kate) -- nope. Read the first book, hated it, not wasting my time with the rest.
8. The Dark Swan series and Succubus series (Richelle Mead) -- both of these. With Dark Swan, I’ve read two of the books, but they’re so freaking hard to find unless I order online. I try to not order online unless it’s a last resort kind of thing (shipping, end up paying as much as a book sometimes), but it looks like that’s what I’m going to have to break down and finally do if I want to ever finish this series. With the Succubus series, I think I just lost interest. I read the first book, and while it was pretty good, it wasn’t her best work for me in my opinion, so I didn’t continue with that one.
9. Shiver (Maggie Stiefvater) -- Love Maggie, loved Scorpio Races…was not a fan of Shiver so I decided not to continue with this series after reading.
10. House of Night (P.C. & Kristin Cast)-- absolutely awful.
What’s your top ten?