Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Changes

I fell in love with blogging a year ago when surfing the web, after becoming a more active member of GoodReads, and following along with great blogs like Parajunkee. I came up with my title “The Bookaholic” because like many book bloggers I’m sure, I hoard books. I crave them, I collect them, and I can’t get enough. Reading has been my passion since childhood.

However, when does it all become too much? Never really--but there’s certainly moments when there can be an overload and every once in a while I do have to close-out requests in order to catch up, or take a breather and simply enjoy only the books I want to read and not just books that I’m reading to review. I have quite the growing pile on my shelf of books that I’ve yet to read, and I’d really love to sit down and crack them open, but it seems every time I turn around, something else comes across at me and I can’t because I’ve made other commitments to something else.

Reading/Blogging should never be a chore. This is about fun. This is about sharing my love and opinions of books with other like minds. I don’t get this in the real world. I live in a small community, with very few friends and a husband who don’t have much interest in reading or the world of books. I don’t get to gush over my literary crushes or new favorites except here on these pages. This is my home away from home.

With all this said, I’ve recently changed my Review Policy. You can read the new policy here. To all authors, publishers, and/or publicists soliciting in the future--please read it carefully, and respect all of my wishes. Thank you--and thank you so much to everyone who has considered me to be their reviewer in the past as well. I look forward to finding more fantastic reads in the future, with a little patience of course. :)

I’ve made the changes for myself, as well as to be able to truly enjoy all of my reading again. This is going to be a great year, and for that I’m really certain.
 


Happy reading, and happy blogging!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It happens to all of us. I feel badly sometimes and feel like I am passing on a possible great read, but there is just so many hours to read and blog about it. I figure a good 5-8 hours of time for each review between reading and promoting. I am glad to see that you are taking the steps to keep your reading enjoyable.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...