Hosted by Reading with Tequila
From the host's site:
- Challenge will run January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. Participants can join anytime throughout the challenge.
- Create an intro post, linking back to this post.
- Sign up with the MckLinky below. Please link to your challenge intro post, not your blog home page.
- Chose your own books from the list. You can decide to read books only on the Top 25 list or from the entire recommendation list. You do not have to make a list of books before the challenge begins.
- All forms of books acceptable (audiobooks, eBooks, etc.)
- Rereads do not count towards the completion of the challenge. The challenge is about discovering books that are new to you.
- You don't need a blog to participate.
- Reviews, while always appreciated, are not mandatory.
Level I - Read 5 books from the 2011 Book Blogger Recommendation List
Level II - Read 10 books
Level III - Read 15 books
Level IV - Read 20 books
Level V - Read 20+ books
I am going to join at Level II and go for 10 books.
Here's the list of books I've picked:
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
**Since I already own a few of these, based on previous recommendations and I just haven't picked them up to read yet, I'm also adding two more to my list that I do not own and really intrigued about. I like the idea of this challenge- it'll probably push me to read not just the recommendations, but books on my wishlist that I've been meaning to pick up anyway. LoL.**
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Graceling by Kristin Cashore