Thursday, December 8, 2011

Review: Hush, Hush

Title: Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Genre: YA Fantasy, Paranormal Romance


For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life. --Goodreads



Hellooooo Patch! Why haven’t we met before? I seriously can’t believe I’ve just now picked this book up. 

Oh so addicting, mouth-watering, and incredibly fantastic.

I am not a Twilight fan to say the least really, and I really wasn’t a fan of the Fallen series (didn’t make it past book one), so needless to say I was apprehensive for the last several months to even read Hush, Hush. I bought it though one day after a friend kept telling me how good it was, and I kept seeing some good reviews among other blogger friends, but it still sat on my shelf for months collecting dust before I finally decided to take the leap and pick it up with some trepidation.


I understand and see how people would have a love or hate relationship with Hush, Hush. You’re either really going to love it, or you’re probably going to hate it. It does have a lot of similarities to Twilight, I admit, but the similarities are where the line is drawn. Huge differences are seen easily within the elegant writing and characterization alone.


From the first page, as I cautiously began reading mind you, I was immediately pulled right into the story and couldn’t tear my eyes away. Hush, Hush became a guilty pleasure very fast. Becca Fitzpatrick gave me oomph! She gave me real characters that are three dimensional, that I connected to, and a charming, sexy and mysterious romance that didn’t make me cringe.


Most definitely one of my new favorites and I’m extremely excited that I read it finally. I’m sure to read it again--and I really look forward to reading the other installments, Crescendo and Silence, soon!


5 stars!







Photobucket







Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this for a while! Now I definitely have to take a look at it :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book gathering dust in my TBR evergrowing pile, but I shall make a point of looking it out, right now and putting it top of the pile x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comforting to read this review. I've owned this book for a couple of months now (bought it on sale) and have been hesitant for a bit. I think I am ready to read it now. Really liked your review and I geek out for elegant writing and great characterization! Not gonna lie. haha

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...