Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (18)

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My Waiting on Wednesday this week is:




Title: Of Poseidon
Author: Anna Banks
Genre: YA Fantasy
Release Date: May 22, 2012
See it at Goodreads



Emma and her friend Chloe are spending vacation in Florida. When Emma (literally) runs into a hot guy named Galen on the beach, little does she know he’s a prince of the Syrena. Galen and Emma both feel something strange – is it attraction? – and Galen suspects that Emma might well be the girl he’s heard of – a human who can communicate with fish.



What follows is a deadly scene with a shark in which Galen witnesses Emma’s gifts. He must know more about her, and follows her back to New Jersey, and high school, to find out for sure if she’s the key to saving his kingdom. Soon, Emma can’t deny her feelings for him, but can’t explain them, either – and both she and Galen must learn more about where she comes from and what her powers are before they can trust one another and their feelings. --Goodreads


I can't wait to get my hands on this book! Sure it sounds like one of the great summer reads of 2012, but why can't I have something to warm me up now? Haha! I've already heard some fantastic things from some early reviewers so I'm hoping it won't disappoint. Believe it or not, I haven't really got into the whole mermaid/syren scene exactly yet-- but this sounds really good and I look forward to the new characters and unique worlds. :)




What are you waiting on?




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I am really looking forward to this one too! I love mermaid stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want this book as well, I love the cover, here's mine
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this book before. I like the cover! It's very eye-catching! The book sounds pretty good too. Great choice! Thank you for sharing!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this one too! The cover is amazing, and the whole idea behind the books seems incredible. I hope it's as good as all the hype it's getting. I will be so disappointed if it isn't.

    new follower from WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward for this book too! Awesome pick!

    My WoW pick

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...