Thursday, September 1, 2011

Follow Friday (16)




Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee’s View and Alison at Alison Can Read. If you want to participate, it's easy. To learn more and enter, check out: Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Join the fun and make some new friends!


Q. If you could change the ending of any book (or series), which book would you choose? Why and to what?
This is going to be a spoiler fest so try to write the title of the book as a dominant feature - and warn people about spoilers.


There really aren't any books or series I can think of at the moment that I'd really want to change the ending to. Most of the time, I feel the author wraps it up quite nicely, or if it's in the case of a series there may be a giant cliffhanger grinding my last nerve but it doesn't necessarily mean I want it changed, either. In general, I'm usually quite satisfied with endings! Some of the best endings ever for me: The Iron Fey series, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, and the Vampire Academy series.

The only book I can think to answer on "bad endings" is Breaking Dawn. An answer that I'm sure will be pretty common from this question. I'm not a big fan of the series in general, but that was just an awful ending in my opinion that could have been done much better.  (ex. See Parajunkee's answer! FTW.)

Happy Friday!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I loved the ending to Vampire Academy too. I'm so happy that the love triangle worked well. I'm even happier to see things start back up in Bloodlines.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get started on the Vampire Academy series!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi & Happy Friday :)

    I completely agree..

    My FF & 500 follower giveaway - www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone seems to have a problem with the way this series ended. I only read the first book and enjoyed it but couldn't get into New Moon.
    Here's my HOP for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Breaking Dawn really seems to be taking a between for this week's Follow Friday! Although, I hear ya, the ending could have been better. I haven't started the Vampire Academy series yet but it's on the list.

    I'm a new follower.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads / Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to hear someone say the Hunger Games had a GOOD ending, lol. There's been so much criticism, and they're still on my TBR pile (it's kind of demotivating to read some of these posts). :) I'm a new follower. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I have seen breaking dawn a lot today! I never got into the twilight series, but can relate to not liking the ending to some books! lol, love the blog, Happy Friday! am now a follower:)

    The Book Bluff

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line! We love having your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...